What does “cookie” mean?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s computer when he/she accesses certain web pages. Cookies allow a website to, among other things, store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer. Depending on the information, they contain and the way he/she uses his/her computer,they can be used to recognise the user.
Are all cookies the same?
No. There are many types of cookies, depending on their purpose and how long they remain installed in the user’s terminal (some are only installed during the session and others can remain for years). Based on these criteria, there are cookies that require the consent of the user of the website and others that do not (exempt cookies).
Exempt cookies are, among other things, those that are essential such that the user’s computer and the servers of the website can communicate with each other and allow the user to browse the website more quickly, without collecting protected data about him or her.
There may also be cookies belonging to “atSistemas” and others belonging to third parties. “atSistemas” can use both types.
Depending on their purpose, cookies are divided into groups. The main groups of cookies, so that the user can become familiar with them, are the following.
- Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the purchase process of an order, making the request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation Cookies: those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics, predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: those which, either processed by “atSistemas” or by third parties, allow the number of users to be quantified and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the usage of the service offered by users. For this purpose, your browsing on the website is analysed in order to improve the offer of products or services offered by “atSistemas”.
- Advertising Cookies: those that allow for the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: those that, either processed by “atSistemas” or by third parties, allow for the most efficient management of the offer of the advertising spaces on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the service requested or to the usage of the website by the user. To this end, “atSistemas” can analyse the user’s browsing habits on the Internet and show them advertising related to their browsing profile.
What cookies does “atSistemas” use?
“atSistemas” can use the cookies that are shown in the section “Third Party Cookies” in its webpage atsistemas.com. The user can carefully read the content of each of them, since some may obtain personal data and, according to the Personal Data Protection Act, “atSistemas” wants to inform the user of the processing purpose of such data. The user must bear in mind that both the cookies and their purpose may vary. Therefore, we recommend that the user carefully read the “Cookies Policy” of “atSistemas” each time he or she accesses or browses the website in case there has been any modification while the user was offline. In any case, for the user’s peace of mind, at all times we will allow the user to decide whether or not to download them if changes occur.
Third Party Cookies:
“atSistemas” also informs the user that he/she will be able to access the configuration of the cookies that “atSistemas” uses permanently in atsistemas.com at any time. This website uses a content personalisation cookie from Magnolia and called “visitor” which uses, as for third party cookies, the statistical analysis cookie from Google Analytics.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the “Options” or “Preferences” of the user’s browser menu. You can also configure your browser or email manager and install free plug-ins to prevent Web Bugs from downloading when you open an email. Specifically, to delete or download cookies the user must follow the following steps, depending on your browser:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings For more information, the user can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings For more information, the user can consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings For more information, the user can consult Google support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security
For more information, the user can refer to Apple Support or Browser Help.
For any reason, feel free to contact “atSistemas” by e-mail email@example.com or telephone + 34 91 640 76 20 Fax + 34 91 710 55 70 © Aplicaciones y Tratamiento de Sistemas, S.A.